6th April 2024
09:00 am - 00:00 am
King’s House Sports Ground, Riverside Drive, Chiswick, W4 2SP
The first of the three major London tournaments of the year, Try Tag Rugby’s annual Spring Tournament returns in April 2024 with a full day of Tag Rugby followed by the first tournament after party of the year!
This annual event running since 2014 has always been extremely popular with club teams looking to get their first big run out following the winter months and start the summer of Tag in style. With a maximum capacity of 96 teams across four divisions from beginner to elite all teams will be able to find the appropriate level for them. All teams will play through the pool stages to determine whether they make it into the Cup, Plate, Bowl or Shield competition for their division.
As always, Saturday leagues won’t run on the day to ensure that our community can take maximum advantage of the main event for teams looking to prove that they are the best of the best at their level.
- All teams will have a guaranteed game time of 90 minutes with 8 team spaces in Division 1, 16 spaces in Division 2 and 32 spaces each of Division 3 and 4
- Maximum of 12 players per squad, maximum 4 male players on the pitch at any one time
- Division 1 will play 8-a-side with full international rules. Try Tag Rugby’s standard rules apply for Divisions 2, 3 & 4 which will be 7-a-side
- Division 1 squads can have a maximum of 10 players who were capped internationally in 2023* while there can be no more than four internationals per team in Division 2; no more than two in Division 3; and none in Division 4
- All players must be registered for insurance purposes
- Teams will be seeded based on submitted squads. Squads must be complete by 20th March
- Seeding is done at the discretion of Try Tag Rugby, incomplete squads may result in higher seeding than expected
- Consumption of alcohol is prohibited until the tournament has concluded
This event will take place at King’s House Sports Ground, Riverside Drive, Chiswick W4 2SP, just a ten minute walk from Barnes Bridge train station. We would encourage all attendees to arrive by public transport or cycle but the venue is only ten minutes drive from Chiswick Roundabout and the M4 for those needing to come by car.
Full female and male changing facilities are available on site for use before, during and after the tournament – particularly important for getting yourself changed into your after party outfit once the games are finished. Please note, dogs are not permitted at this venue unless required for assistance.
ON THE DAY
Full timings for the day will be released once tournament capacity is reached but teams should expect to arrive between 9:00-10:00 with the first games slated to begin at 11:00. King’s House in house caterers will be onsite throughout the day ensuring you have lots of delicious options to keep yourself energised between matches. Play will be completed by 18:45 with the after-match social, complete with a DJ, running until midnight.
ITF approved Tag Rugby shorts or tights are compulsory, available from the Try Tag Rugby shop www.trytagrugbyshop.com in advance or via card on the day. Details on ITF Approved (Tag Rugby) Shorts / Details on Kit Items not Permitted. A limited number of shorts will also be available to hire on the day for £8.
Team registration is available at the cost of £245 for squads of 12.
Individuals can register for £25. If registering as an individual we’ll add you to a team or create a team of other individuals.
Spring Div 1 team: https://trytagrugby.spawtz.com/leagues/788/registration/team
Spring Div 1 individual: https://trytagrugby.spawtz.com/leagues/788/registration/individual
Spring Div 2/3 team: https://trytagrugby.spawtz.com/leagues/1027/registration/team
Spring Div 2/3 individual: https://trytagrugby.spawtz.com/leagues/1027/registration/individual
Spring Div 4 team: https://trytagrugby.spawtz.com/leagues/1254/registration/team
Spring Div 4 individual: https://trytagrugby.spawtz.com/leagues/1254/registration/individual
Division 1: 10 maximum
Division 2: 4 maximum
Division 3: 2 maximum
Division 4: No GB players allowed
Any player named in British, Irish, Australian, New Zealand or South African squads for the 2023 Tag World Cup or British & Irish Cup.
To help facilitate teams registering with their usual tournament squads where players have been selected in the expanding number of Great Britain teams, players in the newer Women’s 35s and Men’s 40s squads will count as 0.5 toward the total international player cap.