We're always on the lookout for good people to join Try Tag Rugby. If you feel the company would benefit from your experience then please feel free to email email@example.com
We are currently looking for part-time (a minumum of 1 day a week, or 2-3 days-a-week) applicants.
Job Title: League Organiser (part-tine)
Start date: mid/late April 2019
Try Tag Rugby is seeking outgoing, organised and friendly people to join the London team of League Organisers.
Reporting to the London Operations Manager, you will manage one or more Tag Rugby Leagues across London. You will be comfortable problem solving and managing weekly admin in an efficient and professional manner, and enjoy being part of this sociable team.
Responsibilities of the League Organiser
- Oversee the administration and operations of your league, using the online league management system to manage various aspects of each league (generating fixtures, updating results and sending mass communications to teams and individuals)
- Manage relationships with the league and after-match social venues
- Collect registration fees and sell merchandise at leagues
- Promote weekend tournaments and social events to members
Looking after our members
- Assist with member registration enquiries over phone, email and in person at your leagues
- Make the effort to build a community by getting to know the players and encouraging a good social scene after matches
- Take ownership of your leagues by encouraging growth between seasons, making sure existing teams continue playing and undertake local promotions to help grow the league
Refereeing & Coaching
- Confidence to step in and referee games at leagues or large-scale events when necessary (training provided to all staff)
- Develop and train the referees at your leagues and assist the Referee Operations Manager with the referee roster
- Required on occasion to provide advice and coaching to new teams / players, helping them to learn the rules and maximise their enjoyment of the sport
This position would ideally suit a recent graduate with an interest in rugby or a sports enthusiast looking for a change of career. Current Tag Rugby players or referees are also encouraged to apply.
The ideal person will be/have:
- Extremely organised and proactive with an efficient work ethic
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent administration skills, both oral and written communication with confidence
- Confidence using IT systems and ability to quickly learn internal systems such as Spawtz league management
- Outgoing, welcoming and personable.
We would like you to have:
- Degree in Sports Management
- Experience working within a sports organisation
- Good sense of humour and ability to have fun
- First Aid Certificate
Where will you work?
Leagues run across London zones 1-3. You should ideally live within zone 4.
What are the hours?
The role is predominately evening based with some additional administration. Weekend hours are also available.
People on working holiday visas are welcome to apply. You should be able to provide working rights in the UK.
Try Tag Rugby has offices in London and Yorkshire, and operates in Bristol, Coventry, Manchester and the Thames Valley. Career progression and franchising opportunities are available for the right employees. For more information on Try Tag Rugby please visit our website: www.trytagrugby.com
Please email cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.