Autumn League Registration!
Registration for our Manchester Autumn 2019 Leagues is now open, with leagues taking place at Manchester East - East Manchester Academy (Tuesday) and at Manchester South - Chorlton High School (Wednesday).
The start dates for the leagues are Tuesday 3rd September for the Manchester East League and Wednesday 4th September for the Manchester South League. Both leagues will be played on artificial pitches under floodlights.
Games in the Manchester East League will be 40 minutes long and played in the mixed 6-a-side format with teams with a maximum of three males on the pitch, whilst games in the Manchester South League will be 35 minutes long and played in the mixed 7-a-side format with teams with a maximum of four males on the pitch.
Registration is open to whole teams, part-teams (groups) and individual players who would like to be placed in a team. Team places are available strictly on a first to pay the deposit basis until a league sells out.
Both leagues come with post-match social venues so that you can socialise with your team mates and opposition.
All standards are welcome to get involved in the league including complete beginners. There will be a friendly League Organiser at the venue to go through the rules with any new players on your first night.
Specific details for the leagues vary, therefore please see the links in the table below for specific information on each league including pricing. For more general information on Tag Rugby and how our leagues work, please watch our ‘What is Tag Rugby?’ video to the right or see our FAQ section
If you are unsure or would just prefer to give it a try first before deciding whether to sign up for a league we have Free Taster Sessions taking place at Manchester South (Hough End Playing Field) on Wednesday 28th August and Manchester East on Tuesday 20th August.
|League Name||Day||Start Date||League Matches*||Players Per Side||Surface||Gender||Standard||Registration|
|Manchester East (East Manchester Academy)||Tues||03/09/2019||10||6||3G||Mixed||Beginner grade & Intermediate grade||
Space for teams & individuals
|Manchester South (Chorlton High School)||Wed||04/09/2019||10||7||3G||Mixed||Beginner/Intermediate and A Grade||
Sold out for teams.
Space for individual male and females.
* All season fees cover at least 10 sessions. Where the season allows for less than 10 league matches, Tag Rugby coaching sessions, Tag Rugby fitness sessions
Registration is open to whole teams, part-teams (groups) and players looking to join a team. Please note the following:
- Registration generally closes four working days prior to the league commencing.
- Team places are available strictly on a first to pay the £100 deposit basis until a league sells out (subject to Priority Window rules - see below).
- Players joining on their own or with a small number of friends can apply to join a team. Places are available only when the fee to join a team has been paid.
- Current teams are given a priority window of 17 days prior to the new season beginning (see below for full details & exact dates) to confirm their intent to take a place in their league of choice.
Due to strong demand for places in our leagues, we have put the following rules in place to ensure existing teams have every opportunity to rejoin their current league. The existing team priority deadline for Manchester leagues is 17 days before the league starts.
During this priority window, we will allocate places in a league to teams who have registered and paid the £100 deposit confirming their place, based on the following priority system.
1. Existing teams who are currently playing at this league in the most recent season (if the league is currently running)*.
2. Teams moving from other Try Tag Rugby leagues where a league is not being run in the new season. This excludes leading into the Early Summer season where all teams playing during Spring are free to change venues and can still be counted as category 2. Or teams which registered and paid a deposit at this venue for the previous season but missed out due to the league being oversubscribed.
3. Whole teams of players applying to join a team or teams that previously played at the respective league within the previous three seasons.
4. New teams, teams looking to move league or teams which haven't played for three or more seasons.
Where multiple teams fit in a category above, they will be prioritised in order of when they paid the £100 deposit to confirm their place.
Once the priority deadline has passed registrations will continue to be taken on a first to register and pay the deposit basis until the league becomes full.
*Leagues Closed for Registration
N/A in Autumn 2019.
Tag Rugby Shorts
Official Try Tag Rugby shorts or Try Tag Rugby ladies' tights (or International Tag Federation approved brands) must be purchased before taking to the pitch in all Try Tag Rugby leagues.
Tag shorts can always be bought from Try Tag Rugby staff by paying £12 in cash at all our leagues or events. Tag shorts (£12) and tights (£23) can also be purchased in our online shop for postal delivery. If you already have a pair of Tag Rugby shorts or Tag Rugby tights, please note due to safety reasons (ie length of the shorts being longer than the tags) and consistency (ie strength and location of the Velcro patch) the only other brands of Tag shorts or Tag tights we allow in our leagues are brands sanctioned by the International Tag Federation (ITF) such are Oztag, SAS (NZ Tag Football) and Tagrugby.ie from 2017 (Ireland). Your shorts must have the Try Tag Rugby logo or the logo of one of the other ITF organisations on them to be allowed to be worn in our leagues. Homemade shorts, any other brands of shorts (both UK made or abroad) and Tag Rugby belts are strictly not allowed on safety and consistency grounds!
Weekend Tournaments, Festivals & Social Events
Try Tag Rugby Manchester and Try Tag Rugby are also running a number of weekend tournaments and festivals throughout the year. If you are interested in attending these events, please click here for details.
We are currently looking to recruit referees for both leagues. All levels of experience are welcome including those who have never refereed before. We will provide free training where required. If you are interested in getting involved as a referee please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find more information on becoming a Try Tag Rugby referee by clicking here.