Vacancy: Customer Service & Office Administrator
We are looking for a full-time Customer Service & Office Administrator to join our London office.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director with input from the Media & Design Manager, this position requires a very organised, hard working person with strong attention to detail and a love for Rugby (all codes).
You must have strong administration skills and be able to handle a high volume of customer service enquiries in a prompt and informative manner. You must have a good customer focus, strong oral and written communication skills and strong sales ability.
You will be required to improve processes, reducing the administration burden throughout the organisation. You will need to have the ability to master new systems (such as our league management system) and have some basic understanding of sports administration, such as the basic principles of putting together sports draws (or be willing to learn).
You will be dealing with the player registration process from start to finish as well as being in charge of stock control and stock distribution. You will be responsible for the day to day running of the Try Tag Rugby office, run our shop at events and look after on online shop.
You may be required to fill in as a League Organiser at our venues on occasions. The successful candidate will also be required to be available for up to 10 weekend events throughout the year (mostly on Saturdays).
- Deal with customer enquiries from the initial email / phone / website / social media enquiry through to successfully confirming the registration with payment
- Accurately recording data from enquiries, leads and requests from players or teams
- Developing accurate stock control systems and managing stock distribution
- Ordering and maintaining stock.
- Managing the office to provide a safe & productive working environment for all Try Tag Rugby staff
- Becoming an expert in our sports management and business administration systems
- Writing and sending database email and text communications to anywhere from 10-10000 players
- Manage our online shop and our physical shop at major weekend events
- Chasing outstanding registration fees
- Sending invoices and processing refunds
- General office tasks such as photocopying, filing, banking etc
- Posting basic website articles and updating our website
- Being trained up as a backup League Organiser and backup referee
Background, Skills & Experience
Try Tag Rugby has a large amount of administration to deal with daily, so first and foremost the successful applicant must be extremely organised.
The Customer Service & Office Administrator would ideally suit someone with at least two-four years experience in office management or administrative positions. However we are also willing to consider recent Sports Management or Business graduates or sports enthusiasts looking for a change of career. Current Tag Rugby players or referees looking to get more involved are also encouraged to apply. Experience working with a social sports organisation would be highly advantageous.
The ideal candidate must be highly organised, hard working, reliable, have strong attention to detail and fantastic oral and written communication skills. You must have the ability to use your initiative and work autonomously. You will have confidence in managing the office, be comfortable learning new IT systems (such as our league management system), be confident at dealing with customer complaints and have a reasonable understanding of sports administration.
You must also have a good sense of humour, be able to have fun on the job and be welcoming/approachable to new players interested in joining our community. A minimum typing speed of 60 words per minute is required.
Try Tag Rugby have an office in Elephant and Castle. On occasions you may be required to attend our venues in London and it's surroundings.
You will work a minimum of 35 hours per week. Hours will be 9.30am-5.30pm Monday to Friday.
The successful candidate will be required to work up to 10 weekend events (mostly Saturdays) throughout the year.
We are looking for the successful candidate to start in the role immediately.
You must provide evidence you have legal working rights in the UK.
£25K per annum
Applications close at 9am Wednesday 30th May. Please forward a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews to take place WB Monday 4th June.