Great Britain Coaching Applications
After huge success at the 2018 Tag World Cup in Australia and the recent announcement of the 2021 World Cup being hosted in Ireland, we are now inviting applications to form the Great Britain Tag Rugby Coaching Management Team with the vision being on the World Cup 2021.
Outlined below are some of the key criteria we expect to compliment all applicants with the most significant being the following: The GB vision as a Management Team is on 2021 - as such, all coaches will be working as a collective unit, introducing new players, inviting new players and enabling new players to always be involved with the GB training set up whether they are the finished article now or whether they have clear GB qualities that require development over the coming years.
With new players constantly joining the Tag community, there are no closed doors to when a player can or cannot be included in training and development with the 2021 vision. The 2021 vision over the next two years for GB is: Growth, Depth, Breadth & Opportunity for All.
Additional considerations include:
- Coaches are expected to be available at two of the three following tournaments to identify talent and encourage players to attend GB Trials: The Spring Tournament, London Origin and Tagfest (You can be playing).
- Coaches must be available to attend GB Trials dates for 2019 - June 2nd & June 23rd.
- Coaches must be available for the British & Irish Cup on September 7th.
- Head Coaches cannot be 2021 WC players, they will operate in a coaching capacity only for GB.
- Assistant Coaches can be 2021 WC players but can only be selected for the same team they are coaching.
- Coaches are responsible for checking eligibility of applicants and documenting prior to any squad selections and training schedules are announced.
- Coaches are not individual to their appointed division, this is a GB World Cup Development plan where all coaches are working in tandem to make sure the best players are representing the best teams and selected with a shared perspective. eg. Mixed Coaches can expect to be invited to both Men’s and Women’s selection meetings to discuss which players are best positioned for which squads.
- Teams will be expected to maintain a Head Coach and an Assistant Coach
- Assistant Coaches will act as Team Managers until January 2021 when we will fill these roles
- Coaches are advocates of Try Tag Rugby, supporters of the vision, accepting of final decisions and promoters of the sport across all UK Tag locations.
- Coaches will be upstanding members of the community and perceived as such by the community itself.
- Complete professionalism is of the utmost importance.
- Coaches, whilst voluntary, are under the management of Try Tag Rugby and as such can be replaced should circumstances necessitate.
Anticipated divisions but not restricted to include:
- Men’s Open
- Women’s Open
- Mixed Open
- Men’s Seniors
- Women’s Seniors
- Mixed Seniors
To submit your application, please email in confidence to: email@example.com before 28th February 2019 - including relevant experience, details of what you will bring to the GB Coaching Team, your ideal role whether Head Coach or Assistant Coach and your preferred division where applicable.
If you intend to trial for GB as player, please also highlight this and your preferred division.